The Creative Crafts Show, EventCity, Manchester,
9 – 11 February, Thursday, Friday & Saturday: 10.00am – 5.00pm,
Visit the Creative Crafts Show in February and you will be inspired whether you are an experienced crafter, beginner or simply looking for a new hobby.
Highlights of the show include:-
· New Embroidery Workshops. Katie Pirson is a traditional hand embroiderer and will be doing two workshops a day. She will also be exhibiting various hand embroidery techniques and demonstrating traditional embroidery skills with a contemporary twist.
· New Extreme Textiles Workshops with Rachel John. Bringing out in 2012 for the first time ever - a new round of life changing innovations in textiles tools & techniques. She will focus on Extreme Weaving, Extreme Quilting, Extreme Tapestry and Extreme X-Stitch. Be among the first to try these extraordinary techniques and speed up your making time exponentially with Extreme Sewing in all its forms. Each session costs £5 to be booked on the stand.
· Knitting Know-how – now supported by www.rkmwools.co.uk. For the first time at the January show – come and meet like-minded knitters in your area – swap ideas and get handy hints and problems solved. Open to all ages free of charge.
· Beading Bonanza – back by popular demand The Southampton Beadshop will be running their workshops again to make their fabulous jewellery pieces
· Decopatch Delight - great for all ages with casual make and takes in the morning and longer workshops where you can decorate an alphabet letter in the afternoon. Plus many more displays, workshops and demonstrations including Stephanie
Weightman and her free taster sessions; Margaret Beal and her magical effects using a fine tipped soldering iron to cut, fuse and make marks on synthetic fabric;
Free ‘have a go’ area Supported by Craft Habitat – where budding crafters can have a go using all the latest stamps, punches, dies & papers.
So make a date and beat the winter blues with a trip to the Manchester Crafts show – a perfect place to see, try and buy – a great crafty day out!
Admission prices are £7.95 adults, £6.95 concessions and accompanied children under 16 are free of charge. Book in advance using discount offer code PR2 and you can save £1.50, get a half price catalogue voucher, a catering voucher and be entered free of charge into a prize draw to win up to £300 worth of craft vouchers*
(*Redeemable at the show only). Group offer buy 6 tickets and get 1 free. To book tickets in advance visit www.sccshows.co.uk or call the Ticket Hotline 01822 617744, quoting discount code PR2. Parking is free plus free shuttle bus between the Trafford Centre bus station and EventCity throughout the show.