- Light pink and purple cardstock
- Pink Doodlebug patterned paper
- Studio G birthday clear stamps (VS4911)
- Onyx Black VersaFine pigment ink
- Zig Art & Graphic Twin Marker pen
- Purple Making Memories mini brads
- Purple gingham ribbon
- Black fineliner pen
- Craft knife, cutting mat and ruler
- Prick pen and prick mat
- Craft dots, double-sided tape and 3D foam tape
1 Create a 10.5×14.8cm card blank from pink cardstock. Cut 1cm-wide strips from pink and purple cardstock and attach to the front of the card.
2 Create a decorative border. Make a border of pink patterned paper to measure 10.5×14.8 cm. Use your black fineliner and adhere onto the card.
3 Stamp a birthday cake onto pink cardstock measuring 3×5.5cm. Colour some pieces of the cake with the twin marker. Mount the pink cardstock onto purple cardstock and highlight with black fineliner.
4 Adhere purple cardstock onto a piece of pink patterned paper. Draw a decorative border onto patterned paper. Cut out and adhere the birthday cake onto the card using 3D foam tape and embellish with a ribbon bow.
5 Stamp ‘it’s your day’ onto pink cardstock. Mount this on purple cardstock and highlight with the black fineliner.
6 Adhere the text onto a piece of pink patterned paper and highlight. Embellish the text-block with four purple mini brads. Adhere the text onto the card using 3D foam tape.
Project by Marieke Vermeulen. Originally published in Issue 7 of Complete Cardmaking magazine.